Hawthorne – two (2) pay stations on skyway level
10th and Hennepin – one (1) pay station in elevator lobby (P1)
10th and LaSalle – one (1) pay station (P2)
11th and Marquette – three (3) pay stations (skyway level)
Leamington – two (2) pay stations (one on skyway level at elevators, one in the lobby)
11th St. Underground (Hilton) – two (2) pay stations in escalator lobby (P1)
Riverfront – three (3) pay stations (blue room at street level)
Mill Quarter – two (2) pay stations (elevator lobby at street level)
Vineland – four (4) pay stations (two in Walker lobby, one in middle elevator lobby, one in Hennepin Ave. lobby at street level)
Getting Started Questions
How do I get started?
- Complete the Reloadable Parking Card Form.
How will you communicate information to me?
- All communication will be done through email. If you choose to have one staff member be the point person for your cards they will be responsible for relaying information to the group of cardholders.
I just received my card, what do I do?
- Your card will be empty but will allow you to enter the ramp. When you hold the card up to the access column (read further for directions) the gate arm will lift. You will need to load the card at the pay station. Now that the card is loaded you can scan it at the exit column and the value will be taken out of your balance.
- I didn’t load value to my card, what now? You will scan your card at the exit but you will be prompted to pay with a credit card – NO CASH AT EXIT.
I received an email stating I have been placed on a waitlist. Why is that and when will I receive my card?
- You have been placed on the waitlist because we are currently out of stock and are waiting for more cards to arrive.
Is there a contract I have to sign?
- No, there is no contract for the RPC program. The cardholder is responsible for reloading their card. If you do not want to participate in the program simply stop using it. Any unused parking days will not be reimbursed.
The gate is open at the exit. Can I just leave without scanning my card?
- No, this will disturb the sequence of your card as it must scan once in and once out. If you leave without scanning your card you must pull a ticket at the entrance on your next visit and then scan your card upon exit. If this doesn’t correct the sequence you must bring your card into our office to be reprogrammed.
The location states FULL. What should I do?
- If the location you tried to enter states FULL you must park at a different participating location.
Loading Your Card Questions
How do I load more parking on my card?
It is very important you follow the pay station prompts when loading your card. You must hold your card up to the yellow circle to activate the loading screen and once again after you have paid- this action will load the value onto your card. If you skip this step the value will not load properly.
How do I check to see how much is left on my card?
- The amount that is on the card will read on the digital window at the entrance and exit columns.
Entering and Exiting Questions
How do you enter and exit the parking facility?
The entrance column and exit column look very similar- the only difference is a credit card reader on the exit column.
Hold your card in front of the RPC reader until the gate opens.
Close-up of card reader area.
If a location offers an Early Bird rate and I arrive when that is in effect, do I get that pricing?
- No. The rate will always be the rate on your card.
Our company offers commuter benefits. Can I use those to load this card?
- All cards must be loaded at a participating pay station and paid for with a credit card or cash. Please check with your provider.
Can I leave and come back during the day?
- These are called “In and Out privileges”. Once you leave your card will be charged the amount at the exit.
How long can my car be parked in the ramp?
- If you enter at 8:00 am you have until midnight before you are charged an additional day.
How much can I load on my card at one time?
- You can load a max of $120 in $6 increments
I no longer need to park downtown but have unused parking days left on my card. Can I get this refunded?
- Unfortunately, we do not refund unused parking time on the RPCs.
Can I use the RPC to park at Mill Quarter and Riverfront for US Bank Stadium events such as concerts and Vikings games?
- No. Mill Quarter and Riverfront locations do not accept the discounted price of $6 (RPC program) for US Bank Stadium events. You may still use your RPC Card during an event at US Bank Stadium, however, the advertised event price will be deducted from your card NOT $6. If you need to park in the area during event mode (which begins 5 hours prior to the event) we recommend parking at the Leamington Ramp or an on-street meter location. If you arrive 5 hours prior to the event, you will still be charged $6 for your visit.
I think I was double-charged. Can you remotely add funds to my account or check the balance on my card?
- The system is incapable of double charging the card. The amount shown at the entrance is what is currently on the card- no funds are being deducted. There is no POS system at the entrance gate to extract funds.
DO NOT PULL A TICKET AT THE ENTRANCE
- If you did the ticket will override the RPC rate and you will have to pay the posted amount.
My bank/CC was charged but my parking card is empty.
- If you did not hold the RPC up to the pay station AFTER you paid THE FUNDS WILL NOT BE LOADED TO YOUR PARKING CARD. Please watch the video under Loading Your Card and follow the prompts at the pay station. The prompts will alert you to hold the parking card back up to the pay station <<<<< Make sure you do this step!
“unknown ticket” error message
The gate didn’t open (lift).
- Make sure you are holding the parking card up to the correct place on the column, long enough for the gate to open. See the image below: